Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Update Row background with API

Options

Does anyone have any C# code to just find a row and update the row background color (highlight the row).  I have it on another program, but because my rows have System Cells (Created By & Created Date) I have to completely rebuild the rows with the cells before I can apply the format.

I was wondering if there was a quick way to just change the formatting of the row without having to rebuild it.

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Brent,

First, you'll want to GET /serverinfo to get the server information. This tells you formatting defaults and gives you an array of numbers.

These numbers are formatt descriptors, you can use our API documentation to get the lookup table of our format descriptors: https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/#format-descriptor

You'll then want to include the optional "format" parameter in your get/update row requests.

If you run into trouble with this, email api@smartsheet.com and they can work with you directly.

This discussion has been closed.