Why is my percent complete not updating?

I have a project plan which pulls in data from a

other referenced sheet. We track our development in a tracker, and have a dashboard and reports that help us understand where we are with progress for development. The percent complete pulls in automatically from a reference sheet into SubTasks in the project plan. However, the parent task % complete is not updating. If all of the sub-tasks are at 100% so should the parent. We bought into Smartsheet because of its ability to pull in data from linked sheets so this not working has caused quite a bit of tension at my organization. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tags:

Answers

• SSFeatures
    SSFeatures ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @kibister,

Yes we can definitely make this work in SmartSheet. Can you paste the current formula that you use in your column so that I can expand it to make it work.

We will probably need to expand your formula to use IF and CHILDREN to handle the parent rows.

SSFeatures - The browser extension that adds more features into SmartSheet.

• Automatic sorting, sorting with filters, saving sort settings
    • Spell checking
    • Report PDF generator that supports grouped and summarized reports

• Sarah Keortge
    Sarah Keortge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/03/24

You will need to calculate the % for those summary rows using the CHILDREN function.

I suggest:

=IF(MIN(CHILDREN())=1,1,"")

• But how when the parent task doesn't let you type anything in it because it says its being calculated by the children subtasks?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!