Report Question

Bringing this to the community before I jump in to try to figure it out because you are all so helpful and smart.

If I have a report "Tracker C" whos filter brings in projects which have content in a comment field called "comments". I remove comments when I want a project on Tracker C to come off of the report. I want to review how many projects have come into that report since it was created. Is there a way to do that?

Tags:

Best Answer

• SSFeatures
    SSFeatures ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @holli.nunn,

I can't think of an easy way to do this for projects that you have already deleted the comment for. However, if you want to start tracking this now, I know of a way that you can set this up.

You can create another column named Comment Added Date, that will contain the date when you first added a comment into your Comment column. You can hide the Comment Added Date so that it doesn't pollute your sheet.

Then you can create an Automation using Record the date when specified criteria are met. You can set it up so that whenever you add a comment, the automation will record the current date in the Comment Added Date column.

This gives you a ton of power in your report. You can use Filter and Summarize to count the total number of rows that have a date, this will let you review how many projects have come into the report since it was created. You can even filter this down to specific dates to see how many projects have come into the report in the past week, quarter, year, etc.

Hope this helps!

SSFeatures - The browser extension that adds more features into SmartSheet.

• Automatic sorting, sorting with filters, saving sort settings
    • Spell checking
    • Report PDF generator that supports grouped and summarized reports

Answers

• SSFeatures
    SSFeatures ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @holli.nunn,

I can't think of an easy way to do this for projects that you have already deleted the comment for. However, if you want to start tracking this now, I know of a way that you can set this up.

You can create another column named Comment Added Date, that will contain the date when you first added a comment into your Comment column. You can hide the Comment Added Date so that it doesn't pollute your sheet.

Then you can create an Automation using Record the date when specified criteria are met. You can set it up so that whenever you add a comment, the automation will record the current date in the Comment Added Date column.

This gives you a ton of power in your report. You can use Filter and Summarize to count the total number of rows that have a date, this will let you review how many projects have come into the report since it was created. You can even filter this down to specific dates to see how many projects have come into the report in the past week, quarter, year, etc.

Hope this helps!

• Spell checking

• SSFeatures
    SSFeatures ✭✭✭

You're welcome!

• Spell checking