Document Generator: Error in the number columns, change the period to comma.

I have a problem when generating a document that requires numerical fields, at the moment that I am configuring it and it shows me the preview of the document, everything goes perfect, but when I generate the document from the sheet, the numerical field inverts the signs of separation, I am in Venezuela and we use the point as separator of thousands and the comma for the decimals, and in the configuration of the fillable fields from the adobe acrobat, they are with the desired configuration. I appreciate any help.

this is how the numerical field shows me from the preview

and this is how it generates the document.

Answers

• SueinSpain
    SueinSpain ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is it is a setting in Adobe rather than in smartsheet and that somewhere an "auto" has been left on.

Go through the format of each field in adobe as my guess is that is where your problems is to be found.

Personally I can never get the preview to work in the generator so always just run it to see the "live" output for testing and then keep amending the adobe file for mapping when a) font is too big b) fields are not justified c) text doesn't wrap etc.

Good luck and hope you find the setting

Sue Rogers

AmerisourceBergen - MWI Animal Health

Business Analyst

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Daniela Barboza

Yes, @SueinSpain is correct in saying that the setting that is causing this is in the platform that your form is created in. If this is Adobe, go to the form creator, select the field with the currency and investigate the field settings.

What i have found works best for this is to set the form field in your form creator application to just be Text, that way it displays whatever Smartsheet tells it to instead of using the rules set by the form.

Hope this makes sense.

Toodeloo

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Solution and Delivery Consultant with Award Winning Partner
    Want to meet?Check my availability

Find me on:LinkedIn | YouTube

www.prodactive.co.uk

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.