Any Issues with Automations Being Slow or Not Being Triggered?

For the past three years, we've been using Smartsheet boards, with one board dedicated to managing our production workflow. Once a job is completed, we remove it from the board to make space for other active tasks. This main board also triggers an automation that copies metrics from the primary sheet to a tracking sheet. Until recently, the automation has been working nearly flawlessly, but we've noticed a slowdown in response times, and occasionally it doesn't trigger at all. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Additionally, our main board still contains activity log data from the past three years, which cannot be deleted. Could this be contributing to the slowdown?

Tags:

Answers

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers

Hi,

I would speculate that if your main board is reaching capacity, it would slow the process or stop working altogether. Have you tried using Table View to see if this helps?

Let me know if there is still an issue.

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• Thank you for the help, Darla. Due to the way our board is set up, we use Card View to track job progress through the status columns. If the board is reaching capacity, would it be effective to copy the board and start fresh with a new one? This wouldn't be ideal since other sheets pull information from the main board, but it could be done.

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers

Got it. Do you have completed job that can be moved to an Archive? If so, I would set up an automation to move once marked complete. This would free up space. I would do a save as new and name the newly created sheet your archive. In that sheet, delete all the "In Progress" ones keeping the complete for your archive. Then in the main board, delete all the completed jobs, keeping the in progress.

Hope that makes sense.

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• Thank you! I'll try this to see if it helps.