Trigger "generate document" when the cell value (drop down) changes in a worksheet

Automation

1. cell changes to APPROVED (it is a drop down selection) then
  2. generate a document.

The document is a docusign document.

Is there an issue with using a drop down selection to trigger an automation? The automation says it is successful but I don't receive a document to my email. Perhaps I need to re-look at the document mapping settings?

Answers

• PM_Reeves
    PM_Reeves ✭✭✭✭

Hi @LAW,

I had something similar when generating a document and sending it activated by the same trigger, with no document being sent.

I got around it by adding a second automation to send once a document had been generated. My thinking was that the cell or row change triggering both the document creation and the sending of said document was that at the instance of the trigger being activated, there was no document to send.

I might be talking rubbish, but it worked for me.

Good luck

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni

Hello,

the workflow looks legit.

I do not think the problem is the tirgger but more the docusign part.

Did you set it up on DocuSign to send the document for signature? Do you see in smartsheet that status changes to "Sent"

Tomasz Kowalski

The Real Smartsheet Enthusiast

Is there anything else we can help you with?

MASA Consult - Your Aligned Smartsheet Partner

Find us on LinkedIn!

• Thank you. There must be something wrong with the mapping - SS says the automation was successful, but no document is received by the user and the status row is not updated.

When I generate the same document FROM docusign, the document sends fine, but still does not attach to the row or update status.

Any suggested next steps?