Automation - Send a message-only alert with relevant details

Hi

Ok I am using the Automation - Send a message-only alert with relevant details (when you add {{DATE OF WORK}} to send to clients when they have a booking or when a booking is confirmed but now I have a problem when I add more than one line on my sheet it would send all the messages to all the clients see attached.

How can I still use the {{add details}} without my clients receiving all other messages

Answers

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers

HI,

Can you send a screenshot of your automation setup so I can understand how the triggers are set?

Thanks

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Could this might be the issue?

Placeholders will generate separate notifications when using placeholders with Alert or Update Request actions in change-based workflows if six or fewer rows are triggered simultaneously. If seven or more rows are triggered at once, the custom subject and body will be removed.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers

Hi,

Yes, I agree with Andree. If there are multiple updates for the same client, they will be sent like that unless there is a day or two between adding the rows. Then it will send in a separate notification.

Thanks

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• Hi Darla and Andrée,

Ok not sure how to do the place holders as the clients are loaded seperately but sometime there is 2 requests coming in from two different clients and then both clients gets both messages. I want to prevent many messages just the one to go out with the custom data. How would I do what Andrée suggested?

Thanks in advance

Anet (LEarning about smartsheet from scratch)

• Georgie
    Georgie Employee
    edited 11:58AM

Hi @CarolaWolmarans,

To add to Andrée's advice, when alert workflows are set up with the message only option, any simultaneously triggered rows are combined into a single notification. This is noted in the “Work with placeholders” section in this help article: Customize your alerts and requests

To ensure that alerts for different rows are sent separately, you’d need to add at least one field in the alert action block. That is, instead of selecting "Message only", you’d select “Links to sheet and specific fields” and then select at least one column from the sheet. Your message will then appear at the top of each alert notification, and the field(s) you’ve selected will also be displayed within the notification - but the alert for each row will be sent as a separate alert.

Hope that helps!

Georgie

Need more help?👀|Help and Learning Center

こんにちは (Konnichiwa), Hallo, Hola, Bonjour, Olá, Ciao!👋|Global Discussions