Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Folders for mapped documents and/or sheet attachments

I am using Smartsheet to collect applications and organize the submitted data. I am using the automation tool to generate a PDF document each time a form/application is submitted.

It would be great if there was a folder with all of these generated documents instead of having to download them all manually in the sheet and use a separate file system to keep them organized. I like the idea of the different functions having their own dedicated place within a workspace, and would love for other collaborators to be able to view the raw sheet data, dashboard, reports, and generated documents without having to click through the sheet to access or going into another platform entirely.

1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @userx

I agree having a central folder for generated PDFs would make things much smoother. Unfortunately, Smartsheet doesn’t currently offer automatic folders for attachments within the platform. However, one workaround is to integrate with OneDrive, Google Drive, or Dropbox using automation workflows. This way, PDFs can automatically upload to a designated folder when they’re generated, keeping everything organized and accessible for your team.

If you'd like to explore this further or set up the integration, feel free to reach out to me at cfinke@digitalradius.com. We’ve helped other clients streamline similar processes.