Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

OPPM_One Page Project Manager

Options
Marcelle
Marcelle
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I am new to Smartsheet

I am a big fan of communicating task and project status via a single page.smiley

Does anyone have experience of using Smartsheet using the OPPM format?

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Marcelle

from what I understand of the OPPM system which has been around a while now it  arranges things as quoted ..... "Every project has five essential elements namely, tasks, objectives, timeline, cost and owners".

Smartsheet is quite easily set up to manage that information dissemination and a whole lot more too. It also says... "Creating the OPPM and updating it must be a team effort" .  so that is a no brainer too! 

I think you will quickly come to love Smartsheet and if you need any help designing the smartest possible workflows, my colleagues and I will help? 

Enjoy the journey! 

RichardR  

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with Richard. Smartsheets main functionality will allow you to keep everything in a single page. We've used it for project management and have been able to track all of those resources in one place. Smartsheets is highly customizable, and while it allows you to connect to data from other sheets (though not well), it best functions when using it within itself. Reports allow you to segment data by filtering only the data you want. All of the data comes from, and changes flow back to, the original sheet. It's pretty useful though sometimes requires forethought and planning when designing your sheet. 

This discussion has been closed.