Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Report builder for single row form style output

Options
Tom Cunningham
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I would like to maintain a list of work requests in row format as is typical in Smartsheeet, then be able to select a row and output the single row of data in form style format for distribution.  I can't find this functionality.  Seems like it would be useful.  This is a typical feature of most database programs I have used.

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Tom - Currently the only way to view a row in “form view” is to right click on the row number and select Edit Row. You could take a screenshot of this view and distribute. We are tracking feedback for the ability to view rows in “form view” and I will add your vote for it! 

• Alex Boit
    Options

Hi Tom,

I would suggest using Smartsheet Merge to automatically create custom Google Documents from your Smartsheet Row Data!

• Looking at Smartsheet to replace other tools like lists and Access web app, and definitely a page or record view (and entry) would expand the scope and use of Smartsheet tremendously.

• Christian Wells
    Options

For viewing a record in a form view, I can suggest "Requesting an Update" the link you will receive in your email will dhow the record in a form style.

This will also work for updating a record.. Yes cumbesome with email, but standard functionality.

For New data entry look at the web forms. they work well and can open a new form after completing the first......

That said, I would vote for having the ability to edit in a form. 

I have an immediate need to be able to display a form of reduced information to then print business card size for a site visitors, listing I have...  SO I woul need to layout the business card not just a std stacked web form.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, Christian! I'll submit your request to our Product team! 

• Fred Molenaar
    Options

Here's my vote for a form type presentation as well.

• Roger Koon
    Roger Koon ✭✭✭
    Options

Please add my vote as well.

• Dan Gabrielson
    Options

Please please add this feature. I do not see any way to get data out of this system into a format form of some sort. My current need is as a customer “view” of a quote with out all my calculations and such in a presentable format.

This discussion has been closed.