Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sights Dashboards - gantt chart reports are formatting weirdly

Options

Comments

• JaFink
    Options

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I am trying out this product and am advocating for my company to purchase the tool but if i cant correctly make a high level dash to report out this is very hard to sell.

• McneilOMC
    Options

Hello

Did not see anything further on this thread , but in talking to support this what worked for me. Inside the Dashboard , if you enter Edit mode and then Edit the Report in question , if you modify (move line to show more of the Gantt) and save and close , this holds the change

Mcneil Fernandes

• Valeria Teloni
    Options

Hi, I have the same issue with my Gantt Report in dashboards: the last column always looks huge in the Dashboard, while it displays just fine in the Gantt Report. I tried to resize the gantt part in edit mode in the Dashboard, but it wouldn't move. Any suggestion how to fix this? Thank you

GanttChart.JPG

• lkane
    lkane ✭✭
    Options

I too am having the same problem as everybody else. For program wants to make the columns a certain size and if you don't have enough columns it makes the last one super big to fill the gap. Please fix that.

Smartsheet problem.PNG

• vanzin
    Options

Same issue here. sad

• youngdonkey
    youngdonkey ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here, this is the cornerstone of our dashboard reporting to our clients.  It just looks rubbish.  We are about to renew our subscription this year and expand our licence take, not ideal.  I will be speaking about this with our sales rep and one of my colleagues will reach out to support on this.

• Mikey
    Mikey ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure if its a total fix, but I made some adjustments to the gantt chart time-frame in the source report and it corrected for me in the dashboard.

(right click on timeline, project settings, timeline display)

Hope this helps?

Mike

• Steve Johnson
    Steve Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a significant problem and it has lingered for over a year.  Please fix.  The Gantts in the dashboard are not really useful as-is.

• GabeGHW
    Options

Please 

hi here...

I am having the same issue as many of us with the Gannt in Dashboards. Can someone from Smartsheet provide a solution if any fix exists?

• GabeGHW
    Options

The only solution I found so far, which is not the best, believe me is to publish the report and then call the report as Add Widget Web Content. Bring the whole report as a new page, but at least respect the format.

• Ray D
    Options

I tried adding the report as Widget Web Content and it brings in the header. How did you remove that? I can see "Help"... "Report Abuse" on banner at the top...It's 2019 and this may have been resolved. Any updates?

Ex. Gant Report on Dash as Webcontent.png

• BGold
    Options

I'm kind of impressed that this issue is still not fixed. Please help us!

• tjp
    Options

Issue is still not resolved 3/25/19

• Steve Johnson
    Steve Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, this issue has been unresolved for 1.5 years.

• Rebekah Blanco
    Options

Please fix this Gantt chart column issue!

I am trying to build simple, user-friendly dashboards, and I am very frustrated because I am running into 'quirks' like this one that render the widget or feature useless. I can't roll out a dashboard with a Gantt chart that is consumed by a gigantic column.

Yes, I could ask users to manually adjust the column each time they view the dashboard, but that defeats the purpose of a dashboard--which is to see the status of something at a glance. If users have to fuss with it, they won't use it.

Also, yes, I could publish the Gantt chart and embed it into the dashboard, but then, as others have mentioned, I add clutter and waste precious space.

It's even more frustrating when I see that people have been asking for simple  issues to be fixed for years.

Smartsheet has so much potential (despite this rant, I really do like it a ton) but I fear that the company is focusing too much on getting 'bigger' and attracting new customers, and less on making core functionality actually work well enough to keep customers.

This discussion has been closed.