Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sights Dashboards - gantt chart reports are formatting weirdly

Comments

• +1

I know part of the issue is related to the Timeline Display in source Report because I can get the formatting/look I desire with the Report timescale set to weeks-days. Unfortunately, when I set the Report timescale to a more appropriate quarters-months, it changes the dashboard widget formatting and looks like crap. 

The inability to easily create a presentable Gantt chart for dashboard is unacceptable.  There are simply too many other tools/options to put up with this.

What's most disappointing is the lack of response to another known issue. 

I'm tired of fighting this tool and the workarounds are unacceptable.  Again, there are too many options to bother suffering these chronic issues.  I recommend you simply look elsewhere; we are abandoning smartsheet.

• Hello everyone,

Thank you for bringing this post back into our attention - I received a direct email about this post yesterday.

We have a high-priority bug filed on this that is being actively investigated by our development team. I will update the thread once more when we have more information or an expected fix date. 

One question: are folks in this thread on Macs, PC's or both?

Thank you as well for your patience with Smartsheet, and I truly apologize for our failure in identifying and correcting the issue sooner, and our failure in the Community thread.

I will be presenting this particular thread to our leadership team with recommendations for improvements. Not responding to what is clearly an issue on our end is not reflective of our Smartsheet values, or the best-in-class app and support we strive for.

Best regards,

Kara

• Hi Kara,

Thank you for your response. I am on a PC.

• Thank you Rebekah - it seems to not be OS specific then.

• Mark Lappegaard
    Mark Lappegaard ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/29/19

Same- on PC. 

Request:  However you fix this, please make it intuitive or provide clear instructions or a step by step video.  

We have all spent a lot of time on workarounds over the last 1.5 years and would appreciate something as simple as allowing the resizing arrow to go a bit more to the left. 

Thanks for your help, Kara. 

• Thanks Mark L and everyone, 

As a quick update, we still have developers working on the cause and correction for this behavior. 

We'll post another update as soon as one is available.

Thank you,

Kara

• I am joining others in their frustration. I am glad that this is being worked on, but can we get an expected date for the resolution? We need to make a decision soon on whether to resort to Tableau for dashboards.

PS - I'm a PC user.

• Hi there,

As soon as we know what is causing this behavior, we'll have a good idea of when the resolution will be pushed out. I don't expect it to take too much longer (ie, weeks, not 2 years).

Thanks,

Kara

• Hi all, 

We have a fix for this and it is being tested by QA. We are targeting a release date of May 21. The fix will include the ability to just allow you to resize the columns in the report widget in dashboards however you see fit, instead of forcing arbitrary limits on column resizing. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Kara

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent news Kara,

Thanks!

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Great!! Thank you, Kara!

• will this be corrected automatically the next time Smartsheet is launched on my PC post fix?

• Hi Nick,

Depending on how your widget is currently formatted, you may have to edit the report widget in order to resize the columns post-fix.

Thank you,

Kara

• Hi everyone,

The fix to this issue was released last night, please let me know if you are still seeing problems.

Thank you,

Kara

This discussion has been closed.