Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How to Create a Purchase Order

acvetkov25156
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi, 

I am trying to create a purchase order form from data stored in an Order intake form sheet. I need to be able to take certain fields from the intake form sheet one line at a time and create a standard looking Purchase Order in PDF that I can send for execution via DocuSign. 

Thanks!

Alex

Tags:

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/05/17

Hi Alex,

You could maybe use one of these two solutions. It all depends on if the information that you wan’t on the purchase order is on one line or more. Smartsheet Merge use one line for every document.

1. Using Smartsheet Merge for Google Docs to create the purchase orders https://www.smartsheet.com/apps/google-docs-smartsheet-merge

2. Cell Linking to a Purchase order summary sheeet in Smartsheet and then printing in to a pdf or exporting it to Google Sheets to get a cleaner pdf.

https://www.smartsheet.com/product-tour/cell-linking

The last step is to start the DocuSign process and there are a few different ways to handle this.

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Alex To add to Andree's excellent suggestions... 

Provided all the data for merge is on one row you can merge it into Docusign on demand. Send it for signing for one or even a countersignature then all filed back in Smartsheet when completed. Excellent system works really well. 

If you need remote training on this Docusign should offer it for free but if you are still not finding it easy, my colleague Debbie can do remote training on this but there is a cost, so try DocuSign first? 

Hope that helps

RichardR 

This discussion has been closed.