Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Linking discussions and attachments

Tina Conrad
Tina Conrad ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I do not see a way to link discussions and attachments to another sheet.  It would be great if not only the task and other columns are linked but have the discussion(s) linked also.  Does anyone know if we can or another way to accomplish this?

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Tina

you may not realise this, but in a Workspace you can view/see/open all the Attachments and Discussions in that Workspace without opening any sheet and each item tells you which sheet it is found in. So, presuming the sheets you are linking are in the same workspace, then you have your answer?

If not in the same workspace, my best suggestion is that when you double click a linked cell it opens the source sheet where you can access the items you seek.

Not quite what you wanted, but hopefully progress?  

RichardR

• Tina Conrad
    Tina Conrad ✭✭✭

Thanks Richard.  Not exactly what I was looking for as my sheets are in different workplaces, but I can work with it.  The ability to link discussions would be a great update.

This discussion has been closed.