Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Feature Request: Surrogate Update Requests

Options

I would like the ability to have an Owner or Admin create an Update Request rules and change the person who receives the UR Sent and UR Submitted feedback emails (ie, the 'sender')

This would allow one Admin to set up a project sheet and associated Update Request rules that are then managed by another user (non-Admin)

As a consultant, I would prefer to deliver a completed system instead of having a (growing) list of things I can demo but not complete. I do not want to be getting emails that an Update Request was completed on some project I developed 6 months ago.

(Yes, I could sign in using their user name and password, but sometimes they forget to change the password to something else after I'm done and if they do it for me, they'll do it for someone else and when their account gets hacked I'll feel guilty (but not responsible))

This request has also be posted to the Form

Craig

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Craig,

Is it possible to accomplish this by transferring ownership of the sheet to a licensed Admin and then removing yourself from sharing on the sheet? I believe that transfers ownership of the rules to the new owner as well.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It might be. Transferring ownership is not a quick and easy process though.

And I don't like transferring sheets/workspaces until late in the process. I've been burned by someone taking my work without paying for it.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.