Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Enhancement Request: Rules for Manual Update Requests

Options
J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Now that we can create rules for automated update requests (and BOO! that it requires a Business license. Boo! I say!) it may be more feasible to add rules for manual update requests.

Selecting 3 columns out of 50 is a pain in ass (ie time consuming). Retyping the message is also annoying.

What I want is to set up Manual UR Rule(s).

Later I want select a row or rows and then pick from my list of previously set up rules to fire the UR.

This request has also be posted to the Form

Craig

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I second that boo! It would be so great if we could set up a method for choosing from a pre-determined default grouping of columns and pre-set messages to recreate the delivery preferences without having to manually select the same columns over and over. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mike - please resubmit using the Product Enhancement Request link. Make sure we are heard.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Submitted the following request: 

It would be great if, for a sheet, a user could select the default group of columns that go out with notifications and reminders. Meaning, that any notifications or rules would start with the default selection. I have several columns that are just for my own personal tracking purposes and our constituents do not need that data. Every notification or reminder I create makes me have to edit those columns/fields to make sure only the pertinent columns are sent. Having a default group within the notification center of each sheet would make setting up notifications significantly faster. Its not to assume that the entire row should be sent with each notification. 

yes

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I like that too!

When I do the same UR over and over again, I feel like I'm repeating myself.

I hate repeating myself. Even worse, I hate repeating myself.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.