Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Send Reminders to Multiple Contacts

ker9
ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I want to send reminders to multiple contacts listed on my sheet at the same time.  Contacts are listed in separate columns on the same row.

This is for use in a template, so the names in those columns/cells will change. 

Smartsheet will not allow me to select multiple contact names (from columns) in a reminder.  It does let you select multiple names if you enter them manually, which will not work for this particular application as the names will change.

For example, all listed in separate columns on the same row:

Reminder #1,2,3 have different messages, but same for each group

#1: Manager & Director

#2: Manager, Director & Executive

#3: Manager, Director, Executive & VP

Please allow multiple selections for reminders from columns.

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Please submit this as a product enhancement request. We have circumvented this by duplicating the reminder and changing the contact column. Its tedious and it doesn't make a lot of sense that they haven't integrated the functionality of notifications into the reminder features. Or just integrated a date functionality into the new notification feature and get rid of the old reminder platform altogether. Its an altogether old workflow and is lacking the robustness of the notification options.

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I thought when I checked Product Enhancement when I created the request that it would be treated as such.  I clicked the product enhancement link and sent it that way now.  Thank you.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have requirement for this for a customer.

It is cumbersome to set up (especially without a "clone" feature)

I have submitted an Product Enhancement Request.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This would be a great feature as well as choosing what rows to send. Adding my two cents. Yesterday I met with a support person to complain about the inability to Save As New and see Reminders get copied. Hopefully our collective voices will be heard. 

This discussion has been closed.