Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Form Drop Down Issue

jb@59069
jb@59069 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have several sheets with forms. Each form has columns using drop down lists. When creating the drop down lists, there is a checkbox below that says: "Restrict to drop down values only". I do NOT have this box checked, but no values can be entered into these fields on the form(s).

By not checking this box, one would think that additional values could be entered into these fields.

Any solution on this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

The "restrict values" checkbox specifically applies to values being entered in the sheet directly, as opposed to how information is submitted via form. At this time, dropdown fields in forms don't allow freeform text. Instead, you might consider adding an "Other" dropdown field option and then have a new Non-required text/number field as an "if you picked other, provide details" field.

• Lachlan Stead
    Lachlan Stead ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/16/19

Hey Shaine,

Any idea if this will ever be changed so that it applies to forms also. I believe it already applies to update request forms which makes sense because it is looking at an existing sheet but it would be great if it could apply on forms.

This discussion has been closed.