Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Inventory checklist

Jramirez
Jramirez
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have to create an inventory checklit based on an Excel document

I will have 2 main sheets: Inventory & Picks

Inventory will have a list of all the SKU/units that we have per product. 

Picks will need to offer me the option to select one item from the Inventory sheet and once I pick it, it has to tell me if we have enough units for this product. 

The idea is that once I have a project, I can select items from  a list that will be taking values from the inventory sheet and will tell me how many items do I have available. 

The question is: How can I make the "Picks" sheet take the content from the "inventory" sheet and tell me how many units do we have or if we have to reorder.

Attached is an example of what I need.

Smarthseet questions.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

Currently, there are two ways of handling this:

1. Cell link data from your inventory sheet to your picks sheet. Use an IF statement to flag an item that needs to be reordered using the cell linked data. You might even use Conditional Formatting rules and Notifications to help you stay on top of reorders.
    2. Have all of the inventory and picks sheet data on a single sheet.

Right now, the data needs to be on the same sheet for you to calculate with formulas to determine your reorder time. In a later update (later this year or early next year), we're planning on implementing cross-sheet formulas so you don't have to cell link the data over.

This discussion has been closed.