Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Outlook Add-in

cordellkate
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I'm wondering if there is a way to show more columns within Outlook when adding things to smartsheet via the smartsheet plugin, or if there is just a better way in general to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

For example, if I receive an email confirmation for something and want to add it to the Task it is associated with, I click the "Add to Smartsheet" icon, search for my sheet, and then the Task column (and only that column) from my sheet appears. However, the contents of the Task column are pretty generic (e.g. Order Material, Create Drawings, etc.), and there could be multiple of each since most jobs require them, so it is not immediately apparent which row to choose. I have added columns like Project Description and Job # to further identify the task and allow me to sort by Job# or Due Date, which works fine within the context of the spreadsheet, but those columns do not appear within outlook so it is almost impossible to know which "order material" row to choose without trying them all, which of course takes longer than simply opening up the spreadsheet and manually adding an attachment. 

Any tips would be appreciated!

Comments

• Schiff A.
    Schiff A. Employee

Hi cordellkate,

While there is not currently a way to display other columns after selecting a sheet in the Outlook Add-in, you may find that using the "Search for Row" method is more effective for you.

After clicking the "Add to Smartsheet" button click on "Search for Row" underneath "Select a Sheet".  You can search for something more specific like Job#.

You can give feedback about the Outlook add-in by clicking on the Submit Product Enhancement Request link on the right-side pane of Community pages.

Thanks!

Schiff

Smartsheet Support

This discussion has been closed.