Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Moving attachments and comments to a new sheet

tylermh
tylermh ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have since decided to combine multiple sheets into one master sheet (I was beginning to duplicate data and tried to put a band-aid on it with cell linking).  I did a Save As New..from the most complete sheet of all of them.  The problem is, I have a bunch of attachments and comments on a few different sheets that I want to be attached to the centralized master sheet on the same, corresponding row.  Is there a "Move To Another Sheet" feature for attachments and comments that I'm missing? 

Comments

• Hello,

To accomplish what you need, you'll want to use the Move Row or Copy row feature. This will copy the whole row to the bottom of your master sheet, as there currently isn't a way to cell link, or to only copy attachments/discussions to the same row.

One IMPORTANT thing to note is that if you choose to copy or move a row to your master sheet, and the source sheet has columns that your master sheet doesn't have, new columns will be added to your master sheet.

Details on this functionality can be found in our help center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504748-moving-rows-columns-cells

This discussion has been closed.