Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

While moving row to new smart sheet it re orders to a new column.

AFORM
AFORM
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Why is it linked to this new column how do I change it. It is greyed out on my sheet. I have all admin rights

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would contact support about that issue. Can you share a screenshot of the issue you're facing so the community can review it? We might be able to troubleshoot by seeing the issue you're talking about. 

• See the attached screen shots. When I move a row from screenshot one it creates two columns in the smart sheet I move it to. They are identical smart sheets. One is for completed smart sheets the other for active smart sheets

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Hello,

When you move or copy rows from one sheet to another, if the column names aren't exactly the same, we'll add the columns in as new ones. 

To prevent this, make sure that the second sheet has Inv Y/N? instead of Inv Y/N and no spaces between the . and # in Ref.#

Best,

Kara

This discussion has been closed.