Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Restrict to List values only

Options
Guliker
Guliker
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I noticed when I create a drop down list for contacts and select "Restrict to list values only" it works great in the main sheet, but when I view the same column in a report it is not restricted to list values only. All the contacts shown on that sheet also shows in that list. Am I doing something wrong? or is there a glitch in the system? 

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Guliker,

When testing this on my end, other contacts will still appear (people in the same plan and people you've added to your Smartsheet contacts) in the dropdown list, but when you try to select one that is outside of the values you've set in the source sheet, you'll get a warning prompt that tells you the value isn't on the list.

This behavior occurs on the source sheet and the report—I see all of my contacts, but when I try to select one outside of the restricted list, I get a prompt telling me such.

This discussion has been closed.