Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Dragon Naturally Speaking

mike2755
mike2755
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Does anyone else use Dragon Naturally Speaking when entering data into Smart Sheets?  My expience has been negative.  I can go to any other website, and enter text etc.  However, SmartSheets does not allow for text to be entered in this matter.  I am forced to use dictation box transfers, which is sort of a pain. 

Thoughts

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

We have seen some browsers support this and some do not. Try using Firefox and see if Dragon Naturally Speaking works in Smartsheet. 

• mike2755
    mike2755
    edited 07/31/15

When I use Fire Fox Dragon works in SS.  It is strange though that with Explorer all web pages work with Dragon except Smart Sheets.

• I use Google Chrome and Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I am unable to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking and smart sheets. I am forced to use a workaround with a copy paste function. It is a bit cumbersome. In Google Chrome I have the Dragon web extension employed. Smart sheets still does not recognize the input from Dragon NaturallySpeaking. This, in my opinion, is a serious problem for smart sheets.

This discussion has been closed.