Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Share my sheets

L.A.
L.A.
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi,

I have a bunch of sheets I need to share to my team. It takes FOREVER to share them all to each and every one. Does anyone know of a faster way to do this?

ThanksKiss

Comments

• Labrown, you might check out workspaces, which are like shared folders. After you share the workspace with your team, you can drag and drop sheets into it and they'll be shared out automatically. I use these with my co-workers all the time and it's AWESOME!

• Oh WOW! Many thanks, Allie! I saw that option but had no idea what it did. Great tip! This will save me SO much time.

• Jeremy Michels
    Jeremy Michels ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/06/15

Also check out the new feature that allows you to copy a workspace. It is a handy tool if in the future you need to clone the data and change the shared to people to fit the need. It is like making a template workspace. Make it once and done. 

• Shanett Cole
    Shanett Cole ✭✭✭✭

If using Folders or Workspace, you can create a user group listing all the users that need access, then add that group to the sheets...no longer adding all the individuals 

This discussion has been closed.