Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Non Working Days for different resources in the same project

Options
Mike Tillett
Mike Tillett ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hello, is there any way to set different non-working days for different people working on a project, doing different tasks.  I can see that it can be done globaly - ideal for Bank Holidays where everybody is not working.  However, most projects will have many different tasks being worked on by different people.  E.g. I have a project now where Mr White has 5 days holiday in September, so task X (10 days) will extend over his holiday to 15 days total duration, while Mr Brown will be working on task Y (also 10 days) will take 10 days. Thanks for anybody's help.

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You may be able to achieve something using the Networkdays() function and adding hidden columns with holidays in them. in the duration column.

• Mike Tillett
    Options

Thanks.  Can you possibly give me a few more details please.  I see that the Duartion and Start/Finish cols cannot be changed or have a formula added, so how do I get the holiday columns to link in? 

• Sam S
    Options

As far as I know, there isn’t a way to set individual working days for users in a sheet but you could have a separate sheet for each user, then set up a report to pull in the data from each sheet. The report will keep the settings from each sheet and display it in a single view.

Creating reports: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/522214-creating-reports

• Robert Poddar
    Options

Hi, 

I too am facing the same issue. I have project, wherein development resources from the US and India are working on the same project. I am unable to mark the holidays for the respective teams. I read in the above post that one needs to have separate sheets for each user, but i did not find this helpful. 

For example 4th July is a holiday in the US, but a working day in India. Now how do i mark this holiday for the resources in the US? The moment i enter this date as a non-working day, it is applied across the project irrespective of the resource is from India or not. 

If this feature is not there, i would really like to request the SmartSheet Dev team, to please look into this. 

thanks 

Robert.

This discussion has been closed.