Cell Links Broken - Issue

PGreene
PGreene
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Has anyone seen any updates regarding the Cell Linking issue? I reported it on Thursday, but they say it's in their Tier 3 team's hands for investigation.

Thanks!

Comments

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm definitely seeing the same problem and just phoned support and they verified that development is looking into it. I started a new discussion since I hadn't seen yours yet. It started right after the recent update but I was only seeing one or two links not working and I could delete the nonfunctional link, save the sheet and relink it to recover.

An hour or so ago it started happening on a massive scale so that's when I called support. My project timekeeping and financial Smartsheet app has tens of thousands of links so I'm dead in the water until they get it working. I'm just praying that my links will still be there after the fix or it will take days of work to fix them. This should show up on the system status page but so far it's not there.

• Yes, fingers crossed that links can be recovered. I see the inbound, but the outbound doesn't exist. 

I was disappointed that it didn't show up on the system status page as well as a known incident to give me confidence it is getting the priority it deserves. 

That's why I posted here. 

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Many people may not have noticed this problem yet since, at least in my case, the links just stopped updating when the source data changed leaving the old data in place in the destination cell. I happen to have a lot of error checking in place to catch any manual errors I make but sometimes, like now, it catches a Smartsheet problem. This is the worst problem I've seen in awhile.

• I agree. 80% of my work rely on links, so Smartsheet is useless for me now.. I hope it get fix soon... or else I will loose days of work by not tracking it the good way.

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in the same situation. Because I have a large Smartsheet app with dozens of sheets and thousands of links, I added extensive error checking to my system in case I make a mistake in data entry or another user changes something that I don't know about. If it hadn't been for the error checking I would never have known about most of the broken links.

• Hello,

I posted a detailed reply to Jim's original post here: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/outgoing-links-not-working. Our development team has logged this as a bug and is working hard on a fix. I'll update Jim's post with more information when I hear any updates.

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Smartsheet has updated the app and it appears that the link bug fix works. A couple of quick checks showed my links working again. I'll check in more detail tomorrow.

To get the new version log out and back in.