Automatic Daily Task Report

Options
Danilo Bueno
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I wish to have a Automatic Daily Report on Smartsheet but I didn't find a way to do that yet.

I manage some resources and they are allocated in many projects at the same time.

Many tasks have duration bigger than one day, so basically I need a report to serve as a reminder to them.

The logic behind need to be something like this: "if today is between Start Date and Due Date", but unfortunately I didn't find a way to do that.

Anyone can help?

Comments

• Marcus Odum
    Marcus Odum ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I created a report for each of my team members with the criteria you defined, and set up a scheduler in Smartsheet to send on a report on a daily basis. PDF is my format of choice. 

After you create your report select send as attachment a dialogue box will open. You can choose who you wish to send the report to, modify the subject and message, choose the format (pdf or excel), and importantly set the schedule. 

2018-01-23 07_16_19-Smartsheet.png

2018-01-23 07_16_56-Smartsheet.png

• Danilo Bueno
    Options

Hello Marcus,

Thanks for your answer.

Could you please share which conditions you have configured on the Report Builder to achieve this?

I mean, this screen:

2018-01-23_11-50-07.jpg

• Frances Kerr
    Options

The option is not listed in the report builder in your screenshot. 

The option is in the left toolbar of the report itself. Click the mail icon and select the option to send as attachment. See my screenshot below. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 1.12.58 PM.png

• Danilo Bueno
    Options

I'm ok with the schedule and how to send the report, what I'm not achieving is the criteria as I mentioned: "if today is between Start Date and Due Date" only with the fields and options available :(

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Danilo, 

Did you get a solution to your problem?

Craig

• Danilo Bueno
    Options

Hi Crag,

Unfortunately not, since to send the report, all information need to be updated before, this means, I need at least to open all sheets that are part of the report in order to report pull the most updated information, and this is requires time effort to do and manual task.

I was not able to dedicate more time to this topic, but still very needed.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Danilo,

The Report Builder does not take arguments like TODAY(), so can not do this directly from there. You will need to create a column to house your criteria and use that in the Report.

In addition, depending on how many sheets are involved with the refresh, Zapier can be a solution. I discuss that here:

http://ronin-global.com/2017/03/15/forcing-today-refresh-in-smartsheet/

Craig