Creating a Task when a new row is created?

01/29/18 Edited 12/09/19

Hello,

I have a shared SmartSheet for tracking projects.  When a new project is added to the project tracking sheet (a new row) I'd like the sheet assign a task to create the project in our project time tracking application.  

Is there some way to program blank rows to trigger a task when information is added to the blank row in order to make this work?  Or any other suggestions?

Terry

Comments

• Hi Terry,

It sounds like you're wanting to integrate Smartsheet with another application of some kind.

I don't know what time tracking application you're using, but you might check out Zapier (zapier.com) to see if you can create a "zap" that automatically performs this task for you. 

Otherwise, if you have development resources available to you, you might consider creating an integration with our API: https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/

• Thanks Shaine.  What I was trying to do is set up reminders on blank rows, however it appears that can not be done.  we are looking at APIs to try and integrate directly.