percentage complete

Options
Danfenti
Danfenti
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a formula on a parent row that counts all children, and gives me a percentage complete....however I need it only to count some children, I want to refer to another column that I am using the star symbol to activate certain reports, so I want it only to count the the rows that have no star....below is my current formula

=ROUND(IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), 1) / COUNT(CHILDREN()) > 0, COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), 1) / COUNT(CHILDREN()), 0) * 100, 0) + "%"

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello Danfenti,

You might want to format your column for percentage and take the % out of your formula, otherwise your values will be treated as text instead of a number.

Details on formatting can be found in our help article: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/518246-formatting-options

The formatting article also talks about decimal place formatting, so you can have the column round for you without having to add the ROUND function to your formula.

If you're referring to another column, reference that column's parent cell in your CHILDREN function like this:

=IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN([Star Column]1), 1) / COUNT(CHILDREN([Star Column]1)) > 0, COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), 1) / COUNT(CHILDREN()), 0))

Make sure to replace the [Star Column]1 with the name of the column in your sheet.

• Danfenti
    Options

Sorry I should have mentioned that the column I have the parent calculating the percentage complete is a check box column and I don't want certain children to be calculated in the percentage complete because they are not relevant to that department.