2 things. Referencing another sheet and trying to autofill information on separate sheet. Calculate

Options
jwheeler35166
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a sheet for a department and we are keeping track of material cost when an employee has to redo work. I have a graphics sheet with a weekly plan. I have one column with checkboxes to assign a task as a redo. When the box is checked, I want it to auto fill information on this sheet onto another sheet. I have tried vlookup, but I dont want to have to type a formula in every cell. I want the Material tracker sheet to auto populate.

Number 2, on the graphics sheet, the manager is keeping track of employees hours based on the task they perform. I have a dropdown menu with employee names for assignment of task. The manager then fills in hours per task under the day of the week column. Then I have a total for the week. The issue is I can figure out a way to get the total hours of a single employee. I have tried vlookup but it only brings me one line item. I want to add them all up based on the employee selected.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1. It sounds like you want to investigate third party automation tools. I primarily use Zapier (www.zapier.com).There are others that I have used with mixed success when Zapier won't do what I need it to.

2. SUMIF and SUMIFS (and other formulas) can also use cross sheet references.

Craig