Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

text only column

Options
Michael Wall
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I want to use a web form to populate Smartsheet.   I have a field called "Section Number" that requires a text value.   It is a 3 character field that will contain numerical characters like "001" or "020".   I want that to be displayed as a text value in the Smartsheet cell.  How to I accomplish that?

Comments

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Michael,

I had a similar issue using a webform. I wanted users to enter a customer ID and include the leading zeros.

The way I solved it was in the webform for the Numeric field that required leading "0's was to place a single quote ( ' ) in the "Default Value" field.  

Also, in the Help Text above that field I instructed the user to "Please type the client ID to the right of quote. Include leading zeros, ex: '00012345."

See below.

This user could delete the single quote and thus the # wouldn't contain leading zero's.

There may be a way to do this with formulas, but i didn't take the time to figure it out.

Tim

SS require leading 0.JPG

This discussion has been closed.