Global and Workspace Colors Changed?

Options

Comments

• Holly Nelson
    Options

Good UX demands that the brightest color be reserved for the CTA, or the call to action. Not everything on a page is a call to action. When that bright color is used everywhere, it confuses and paralyzes the brain into indecision and flight.

• Holly Nelson
    Options

Thanks for reporting these issues to HQ. Fixing these will make a big difference in our work day. Don't want customers to start dreading the use of SS. Right now, I am grumbling every time I see a hyperlink that is indistinguishable, no matter the background of the cell. Up until now, I was so happy to use SS.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/20/18
    Options

This was meant to be a reply to Kara.  I clicked on the link to reply to her, but it ended up in the wrong place in the conversation thread.  HA!

Very interested to hear about how that one is shaping up.

Certainly hope that you will be enlisting the feedback of the Top Contributors and other heavy users in the vetting of the change - so that we don't have another one of these "WTF" updates where the forum blows up from unhappy users.

I'm personally interested in helping in any way that will make Smartsheet faster... as it seems to be getting slower and slower the longer I use it.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason for their most unpopular updates is because they're not involving any users in their testing of the new features/changes.  I remember back in the day I used to participate in a new user study about every 3-4 months.  I have not even seen an invitation to one in close to a year.

Not saying my opinion is more important than anyone else's, just wondering if they've cut their most important sources of real feedback - their customers - out of the development loops.

Anyone been part of a usability study lately?

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Kara,

Any chance that this tabbed browser interface will be bringing us one step closer to a desktop client for Smartsheet?  Having to keep your website compatible with three+ different browsers means that efficiency is lost to communication protocols that must necessarily be broad and bulky.  

I keep thinking that if we can take the load off the browser and put it into a dedicated desktop interface that is installed on the computer - we can get blazing fast response times but still keep the web-based data.

My users have reported that using SS on a phone is often faster than using it on a browser.  So, why should the desktops not have their own 'app'??

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Brad,

At ENGAGE 2017, they were promoting their Early Adopters Program.

I have several licensed users and have been invited to more than one new feature but not all, nor half I suspect.

Craig

• Holly Nelson
    Options

Brad, you voiced what I was thinking. This is the downfall of most software dev. The lack of end-user testing. Decisions are made internally about what looks cool, completely flying in the face of the needs of the user. And then, a complete disconnect between those decisions and the support team. The poor support team is left holding the bag trying to come up with answers for unsupportable decisions that another department made. In other words, a complete communication breakdown internally and externally.

• Holly Nelson
    Options

Thanks, Craig, for letting us know. Appreciate all your hard work on this forum. It means a lot.

• Holly Nelson
    Options

Brad, thanks for being a Top Contributor. It helps the rest of us feel as though someone is hearing us.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed.  Isn't Craig the best?

Three cheers brother.  You're doing us all a great service.  And best of all, you're wacky enough to do it for free cheeky

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm in the EAP, and a TC like you.  And I'm not surprised that you've been invited to add your considerable 2cents on some features - to the benefit of the SS team.

The question was... has anyone been invited to contribute lately?  Like say, in the past 6 months or so?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You'll make me blush.

Craig

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, as recently as last week. I'm not supposed to say about what.

Craig

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Was just checking.  Thanks for letting us know that the users are not completely out of the dev. feedback loop.

• Hi Kara,

What happened to the filter options to change cell colors?

Thanks 

Elizabeth