Formulas: Reference Data from Other Sheets

Options
Kal-El
Kal-El
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Good afternoon Smartsheet Community:

I am trying to add the total from the count of 2 sheets given the criteria. However, I am receiving an INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET when using SUM or Count conditions (formula below).

Any help appreciated, Thanks!

=SUMIFS({A9: PayChex TLS Impact List Range 1}, "Need A File Build", {A2: ALL Other Merchant TLS Impact List Range 1}, "Need A File Build")

Tags:

Comments

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kal-El, I think you should be using the COUNTIFS function to count the number of "Need A File Build" occurrences in a range of cells. I think the formula below would work:

=COUNTIFS({A9: PayChex TLS Impact List Range 1}, "Need A File Build") + COUNTIFS({A2: ALL Other Merchant TLS Impact List Range 1}, "Need A File Build")

The first COUNTIFS will count the number of occurrences of "Need A File Build" on the first sheet and the second will count the number of occurrences of "Need A File Build" on the second sheet and they get added together.

• Kal-El
    Options

Thanks, I stepped away from it yesterday and when I came back it clicked on what I was doing wrong. However, I really appreciate your reply helping me with this formula.

Have a Blessed Day!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!