Maximum Downloads

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet
02/20/18 Edited 12/09/19

Has anyone ever encountered this issue? We sent out a single line from SmartSheet that held four attachments to approximately 180 individuals to download. For most it worked wonderfully. Now, we're getting this message: "Unable to download file.  The download URL has exceeded the maximum number of uses."  

Of course, I now realize it would have been more practical to combine the four files into one pdf, but there was a point to show/document four attachments.

Is there a maximum number of download per URL?  If so, what is that number?  

Thanks,

Beverly

Comments

• Hi Beverly,

Yes—there is a maximum. It's 100 downloads or 30 days before the attachment links expire.

• Thanks!

• khunter95336khunter95336 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to track who clicked on the link or shared it?

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible at the moment, but it's a great idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• khunter95336khunter95336 ✭✭✭✭

Done...Thank you! No, YOU have a fantastic day! ;>

• Shaine GreenwoodShaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 07/15/19

I think both of you can have a fantastic day.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha! laugh

Thanks, Shaine!

All of us can have a fantastic day! cool

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• I am currently running a project with 200+ people, and whenever we post new documents an automation alerts all team members (nightly). We now have complaints regarding the maximum downloads coming in daily.

I am thinking about carving the automation up into smaller audiences, e.g. using a filter attribute like the user's department name or project workstream. It would be transparent to them, but creates work for us to manage in future projects. Does anyone know of a cleaner solve for this?