"No Filter" view

Dusty Robinson
Dusty Robinson ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

After viewing a filter a user selects "No Filter" to return to the full sheet. Whenever I return to the "No Filter" view, the view is not what it was before I selected a filter. For example, I have a specific section expanded and all others collapsed. I select a filter, then go back to "No Filter" and all of my sections are expanded.  

Can the "No Filter" view be changed to show a user the view of the sheet before selecting different filter view?

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 02/23/18

Hi Dusty,

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here, but I do know how filters behave in Smartsheet.

If you create a filter, and that results in a child row from a collapsed hierarchical row structure being included in the filter, Smartsheet expands the child rows to display this. The result is that when you disable the filter, the hierarchy stays expanded.

If your filter includes at least one child row from all of your collapsed rows, they'll all be expanded.

There currently isn't a way to have Smartsheet collapse the hierarchies again, but what you can do is hit the undo button, which (as long as you didn't save) should take your sheet back to the collapsed state.

Hope this helps! If not, provide me more context on what you're wanting and I can advise.