SUMIFS including date range in criteria

Options
BlairMyles
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi There,

I wish to sum a column, providing multiple conditions are met. i come unstuck when one of those conditions is a date range.

i need to total doors due out this week and next week and the following week separately providing that they are ready to pick.

this is the formula that i have used so far which isnt giving me the correct total

=SUMIFS([# of Doors]:[# of Doors], Stage:Stage, "Picking", [Due Date]:[Due Date], >[Date Field]1, [Due Date]:[Due Date], <[Date Field]11)

please help.

Regards

Blair

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Blair,

I think you're wanting to sum cells that meet one of your two date criteria, as well as your Stage criteria.

Try this:

=SUMIFS([# of Doors]:[# of Doors], Stage:Stage, "Picking", [Due Date]:[Due Date], OR([Due Date]:[Due Date] > [Date Field]1, [Due Date]:[Due Date] < [Date Field]11))

This will get you results if one or the other date condition is met. 

If you're still not getting a correct sum, please let me know more on the value that you're getting versus the value that you're expecting.

• BlairMyles
    Options

Thanks Shaine:)

• BlairMyles
    Options

Hi Shaine,

still getting an incorrect result on the above.

i am actually trying to measure a series of data that falls within a specific date range and i fear that my greater than OR less than should be AND.

is this possible and if so how to achieve this???

Regards

Blair

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Blair,

Smartsheet has an AND function. Using the formula from my previous comment, try switching OR out for AND.

More info on AND is available in the help center: https://help.smartsheet.com/function/and

If you're still not getting the correct result, let me know what number the formula is returning versus what number you're expecting.

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Blair—another thought on this. 

I think you need to be using COUNTIF or COUNTIFS instead of SUMIF.

I think that the @cell parameter needs to be passed through your formulas as well:

=COUNTIFS(Stage:Stage, "Picking", [Due Date]:[Due Date], OR(@cell> [Date Field]1, @cell < [Date Field]11))

Let me know if that does the trick.