Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Column Dependencies/Conditional Formatting

Is there a way to have one column populate data based on information put in a second column?  For example, I have 2 columns "% Complete" and "Task Status"  I would like that if the % Complete is at o% the Task Status would auto-populate to say "Not Started".  And if the % Complete is 100% the Task Status would automatically update to say "Complete".  Does anyone know how to do this type of conditional formatting or dependency?  Thanks!

Comments

• I would like this function too.

Do you need to use the formula functions rather than the conditional formatting?

It would be useful to be able to create simple functions like this using conditional formatting rathr that functions.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 08/31/15

This can be done with formulas! Here you go...

=IF([% Complete]1 = 0, "Not Started", IF([% Complete]1 = 1, "Complete"))

This will show Not Started if 0% (or blank) and Completed if 100%.

If you want the status to remain blank if the % complete is blank...

=IF(ISBLANK([% Complete]1), "", IF([% Complete]1 = 0, "Not Started", IF([% Complete]1 = 1, "Complete")))

Do you want the status to say anything from 1%-99% (such as In Progress)? Try this...

=IF(ISBLANK([% Complete]1), "", IF([% Complete]1 = 0, "Not Started", IF(AND([% Complete]1 > 0, [% Complete]1 < 1), "In Progress", IF([% Complete]1 = 1, "Complete"))))

Here's information on formulas in Smartsheet: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/775363-using-formulas

This discussion has been closed.