Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Problems importing contacts

CGrainger
CGrainger
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I have been unable to import a csv contact file into contacts having followed the instructions on Smartsheet.  The system selects the file ok but when I hit 'continue' I receive an error message 'No CSV (.csv) contacts found?  I have double checked the csv file and there don't seem to be any problems with it - please helps, thanks.

Tags:

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Here is information from our Help Center article on importing contacts:

"The columns in your CSV file must be formatted correctly. The column names of A, B, and C should be ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’, and ‘E-mail Address’, respectively. Exact spelling is important."

Does your CSV file match this exactly? Also, make sure the file is a CSV and not an xlsx (Excel) file. 

• Had the same problem. Opened the .csv file in WordPad and noticed that Excel saves CVS-files with semicolon (;) instead of comma (probably due to regional settings as I'm in Europe).

Solution: Use WordPads Replace function and replaced all semicolons with comma. Problem solved.

This discussion has been closed.