Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

smartsheet does not automatically refresh

Options
P Robertson
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

After someone submits a form, I would expect my smartsheet to refresh so I can see the new row. That is not happening nor has it since I built this sheet. I have to manually refresh the page. That's not normal, is it? What do I do to make it update automatically?  Thanks

Comments

• Charles DESCOTES
    edited 09/10/15
    Options

Parallel to this question, is there a keyboard shortcut to Refresh?

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

While Smartsheet does have an autosave feature, there is not an auto refresh. You could use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + R (CMD + R if you are on a Mac) or right click on the sheet's title tab and select Refresh. 

• Kylie D'Costa
    Kylie D'Costa ✭✭
    edited 12/01/16
    Options

We are trying to use Smartsheet as a visual dashboard pulling together the live status of many plants - however, this is difficult without the automated refresh to my main Sight. Each plant is updating thier stuatus, but unless I walk around to the main sceens showing the Sight and refresh it, there is a chance that "live" information is missed.

Please Please Please get this fixed. Smartsheet has been great otherwise!

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

+1 to turn on auto-refresh for Sights.

• Arden
    Arden
    edited 01/09/17
    Options

Ken, can you explain please?

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

+1 to this feature request.

This is something that is sorely needed.  We have teams that do the same thing Kylie is doing - putting up a dashboard and letting everyone see it on a dedicated monitor.  If it's not live, then it does not thrive.

It would be great if this could be a SysAdmin setting.  Ideally, it would only auto-refresh someone's view if they do not have un-saved data.

TIP to all:   Chrome Auto-Refresh plugin

If you are logged in on one machine where no-one is making changes to the dashboard, and it's just a 'display only' use, then you can work around this by installing a chrome plugin called AutoRefresh.  It's not something I would recommend to people who are actively editing the sheets, but for informatic displays that are just for sharing live data it is a really helpful tool that will keep your team current without any work from you.

This discussion has been closed.