Latest Comment in Cell

2»

Answers

• Shelby
    Shelby ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to see the automated "Status Update" column enhancement added! This would save me much time in copy and pasting row comments to cells. Has anyone figured out a work around to get this done until SS makes this a feature?

• I desperately need this feature also. Any updates?

• Stephan
    Stephan ✭✭

Any updates or work around if this is still in evaluation for the dev.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Stephan

This currently isn't possible directly within the Smartsheet app. Please contact the Product team explaining your specific use-case and request by using this form, here.

That said, the add-on Bridge (see here) is able to expose the Last Row Comment (see this article if you have Bridge).

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Hello. The automation feature seems very close to being able to do this:

All we are asking for is the ability to put {last_comment} or something like that in the "change cell value" field.

If a workflow can be triggered on a new comment, I have to think getting that comment and dropping it in a cell would be simple.

Can you please let us all know if this can be done?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @bca

I'm glad you're finding the new workflows useful! There currently isn't a way to pull the last comment out of the Conversation window into the grid of the sheet.

The Product team is constantly working to update the Smartsheet app, so please fill out the form I linked above to let them know about your current experience and request.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• This has been on the requested TOP PRIORITY list for years from users, maybe that automation above was the first step to getting closer, but the canned answer above from Smartsheet is the only type of answer Smartsheet has ever provided.

This last comment into a cell would drive wider adoption for sure and solve the great mystery of, why after literally hundreds of posts about this feature, it continues to get passed over.

• I'm just posting to see if there has been any progress on this feature request. I'm trying to automate a weekly email of a report export that shows the recipients a few select rows and the latest comment, as a form of status update. Right now the export pulls every single comment, and I can't expect anyone to sift through that to find the relevant information.

• Brian Cunningham
    Answer ✓

This is possible now! It's just a little tricky to find.

Just click the comment button so the comment screen appears on the right. Then click the three dots in the top right of that screen. There is an option to "Insert latest comments column".

• Shelby
    Shelby ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brian Cunningham Thanks for responding to the chat string. Yes, I was glad to see this released a few months back. It has been a great help.

• The Comment button that is supposed to show when hovering over a cell in the Latest Comment column only shows up about 20% of the time. And comments added to the conversation of a row do not always populate in the Latest Comments column (and they typically take several page refreshes to show up).