Task sheet check off box

Builtright3
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

When I try to check the done box in my task sheet it takes me to the edit page and I have to check it from there. This only happens when Im on my smart phone. From my computer I can check the box with out it going into my edit page.

Is this supposed to happen?

Can I change it?

Comments

• Alison
    Alison Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Smartsheet Support.  At this time, this is the only way to edit items on the iOS or Android apps but you are correct that this only takes place on the mobile app and you won't see this behavior on your desktop version.

I've let our Product team know about your request to be able to edit in-line on mobile. Due to the large number of variables they have to consider when choosing what to develop next, we can't confirm when or if this will be built, but we have let them know.

Smartsheet’s mobile apps were designed as companion apps to our desktop version.  

Here’s some information on how to access the features on your device:

Android

Features that are not available on the Smartsheet Android app

iOS

Features that are not available on the Smartsheet iOS app

Kind regards,

Alison

Smartsheet Support

• ChrisB
    ChrisB Employee

We updated our mobile apps this summer and you can now directly check and uncheck checkboxes (as well as make other text edits) directly in the grid. You can also go to the edit row form by highlighting any row.

Chris