Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Mobile App for iPhone - Cell Fill Color Problem

Options
Jeff Perry
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hello,

I created a sheet that has cells, some of which contain no values but still have fill color, which I used to create borders so that it is easier to visually distinguish between sections of the sheet.

The problem is that without any values, formulas, or anything else in the cells, the fill color does not show up on the mobile app. So consequently, my sheet looks "chopped up" viewing mobile. 

Is there a way to fix this without:

A.) Going through and manually entering a character the same color as the fill in every blank cell?

B.) Redesigning the sheet completely?

Thank you

Tags:

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

As you have seen, blank cells will not contain formatting when viewed on the mobile app but I have put in a request to the mobile team to add this functionality.  

A workaround would be as you suggested, go in and add a character (such as a period) to each cell).

• Erik Rucker
    edited 10/01/15
    Options

Mobile team here, a bit late to the party (we've been heads-down getting new releases shipped).  This is definitely something on the roadmap and we're getting closer to being able to deliver the functionality.  Because of the way Smartsheet stores data, this is related to the work we're doing to enable in-grid editing and local formula calculation, which means that doing this correctly is far harder than one might expect.  The good news is we've been working on those things for a long time and are almost done, and that work will unlock a whole bunch of good stuff in the apps, including this.  We're going as quickly as we can to deliver all of this new stuff! 

Travis's suggestions are the best workaround for the meantime.

• Jeff Perry
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me on this.  I am looking forward to the new release, when done. Happy Coding :)

• Lily
    Options

Having the same issue, any update on when this feature will be rolled out?

Looking forward to it!

Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.