RYG Balls connected to Whether Items are completed or not.

Options
Julie B.
Julie B. ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I am looking to connected RYG balls to whether certain items are complete or not?

I am not sure of the best way to do this- if a checkbox would be the way to connect color change based on status of task, or if inputting a "completion date" would do the same thing? 

I tried a couple of different formulas from these forums and I can't seem to figure it out. 

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can use a nested IF statement to change the color based on your status. 

You would create the symbol column and put this formula in it... and adjust the row number to represent the correct row. The following formula will look at row 23 of a column called Status and turn it Red if its' blank or Not Started, Yellow if the status is set to In Progress, and Green if Complete. You can change the status requirements by adjusting it to match your status'. If your column names include spaces, put the column name in brackets like this... [Project Status]23 

=IF(OR(Status23 = "Not Started", Isblank(Status23)), "Red", IF(status23 = "In Progress", "Yellow", IF(Status23 = "Complete", "Green")))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!