Smartsheet App Crashes on Android 8.1

Options
BikasGuar
BikasGuar
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Previously when I was on Android 7.0 on my Google Pixel 2 the Smartsheet used to work fine until today I updated to Android 8.1 and now as I open the app it only loads a blank white screen on the startup and crashes itself automatically after few seconds. Any idea how do I fix it?

Update: Upon an uninstall and reinstallation of the latest version of the app it has been working just fine once again :) 

~ Bikas Gaur

Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello,

Try deleting and reinstalling the app.

If that doesn't work, please contact our Support team to troubleshoot further.

• aujlaakaran0
    Options

Thanks for the clarification.

• aujlaakaran0
    Options

Thanks get-mobdro.com

• anastaz
    anastaz ✭✭
    edited 08/18/23
    Options

Just wanted to chime in on this topic as I've had a similar experience with the Smartsheet app on Android. First off, big shoutout to Bikas Gaur for bringing this up – it can be so frustrating when an app you rely on suddenly starts misbehaving.

I remember when I updated to Android 8.1, I faced a similar issue with the Smartsheet app crashing on startup. It was a real headache because I heavily rely on the app for work. After trying a few things, what actually did the trick for me was deleting the app and then reinstalling the latest version. I know it might sound cliché, but sometimes starting fresh with a clean install can work wonders.

I'm really glad to hear that Bikas Gaur tried the uninstall and reinstall method and it worked for them as well! It's such a relief when things go back to normal.

Cool and modern technology developer here: https://andersenlab.de/find-developers/android 😎

• lauryfriese
    Options

The issue you are experiencing with the Smartsheet app on your Google Pixel 2 after updating to Android 8.1 could be due to compatibility issues between the app and the new operating system. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Clear app cache and data: Go to Settings > Apps > Smartsheet > Storage. Tap on "Clear cache" and "Clear data" to remove any temporary files or corrupted data that might be causing the issue. Please note that clearing data will reset the app to its default settings, so you may need to sign in again.

2. Update the Smartsheet app: Check the Google Play Store for any available updates for the Smartsheet app. Updating to the latest version can often resolve compatibility issues with newer operating systems.

3. Reinstall the app: Uninstall the Smartsheet app from your device and then reinstall it from the Google Play Store. This can help ensure that you have a clean installation of the app without any lingering issues.

4. Contact Smartsheet support: If the issue persists, it's recommended to reach out to Smartsheet's support team directly. They will have more specific knowledge about their app and can provide further assistance or guidance on resolving the issue.

Remember to always keep your device's operating system and apps up to date to ensure compatibility and optimal performance.