Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Issue with Copying and Pasting Function

Options

Often when I copy and paste, whatever data was in "memory" or the "clipboard" from the previous copy/paste populates the cell.

Is this a known problem with SS or perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Comments

• Matt Stofka
    Matt Stofka ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've experienced this as well, Jillian.  I'll CTRL+C on a cell or group of cells and CTRL+V elsewhere but it doesn't always paste...or occasionally it'll paste my previous copy.  It doesn't happen every time, and refreshing the sheet usually corrects it when it does, but it does seem to be buggy.

For what it's worth, I generally use Firefox.  Just figured I'd mention that in case it's determined to be a browser issue.

Matt

• Jillian Heisman
    edited 09/24/15
    Options

I use Firefox also.  I contacted tech support and they suggested trying another browser, so I guess I will.  Thanks for validating there is a bug.

• Andrew Calvin
    edited 09/24/15
    Options

Hi Jillian,

This is a known bug in our product that impacts Internet Exporer and Firefox users. It usually occurs when copy/pasting empty cells. We had rolled out a fix for this in the release last Friday, 9/18. I assume this has been impacting you since then?

Andrew

• Hi Andrew,

yes yes it's still occurring about 70% of the time making this function virtually unusable, ugh. 

• Andrew Calvin
    Options

Are you using strictly CTRL-C then CTRL-V to copy paste? Or the dropdown menu Copy in combination with CTRL-V? Using the dropdown Copy in combination with the keyboard paste will not work unless you do a CTRL-SHIFT-V for Special Paste.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See 1 minute video on copy/paste.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4thsjxdup28vb7/SSBug_Copy_Paste.mp4?dl=0

- from OpenOffice Calc

- use menu to get to clipboard

- two attempts to paste to Smartsheet (Chrome) with menu item

- ctrl+v pastes successfully

- paste to UltraEdit (two methods)

- attempt to paste to Smartsheet again with menu and Paste Special.

Something is still broken.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.