Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

I have 4 large reports I want to combine into a master

Julie Castell
Julie Castell ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

All of them have the same headers. How do I do this without linking every cell?

Comments

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can add all the sheets that info is coming from to one report?  I am assuming here that by report you mean the SS report feature.

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If by "report" you mean a true Smartsheet report, rather than four normal Smartsheets, the only way I know how to do what you want is to generate one large report that incorporates all the data from the various sources into one report. Then, since you can't have formulas in reports, you can copy all the report data and paste it into one large normal sheet where you can use SUMIFS functions to combine the data into one combined report. I do this with project timesheets for about 15 people working on about 30 active projects and it works great. 

If by "report" you are actually talking about normal Smartsheets that look like a report, you can link up to 500 cells per operation into a central sheet that then combines the data into one large report. There is an incoming link limit of 5000 per sheet that could become an issue if the sheets are very large.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Reports can pull in rows from multiple sheets into a single report. Here is information on created reports in Smartsheet: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/522214-creating-reports

• Steve Johnson
    Steve Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/12/16

I, too, wanted to consolidate multiple reports into one.  However, it appears reports can only pull info from sheets, rather than from other reports.  I would create a new master report that pull directly from sheets, but I don't think Report Builder's logic can handle my needs.

I need my report to pull data for two distinct scenarios at the same time:

Scenario #1: Incomplete tasks that have a review date before 5/20

Scenario #2: Any task with checkbox = "yes" AND a start date before 5/20

Because I'm pairing "What A" with "When A", I don't think I can create another condition for "What B" and "When B" in the same report.  Any suggestions? Cry

smar.JPG

This discussion has been closed.