Lookup reference in another row referenced

Options

Hello,

Possibly this cannot be done in Smartsheet. I am trying to port over our drawing list coordination sheet from excel to Smartsheet.

The formula uses Lookup in Excel - actual revision number to find on the same row that number - then return the date of that column from the first row of the sheet.

The excel formula is as follows: =LOOKUP($D128,$H128:$BC128,$H$2:$BC$2)

My attempts have failed in SmartSheet.

Can we use LOOKUP to return the result of data from the same column on a different row? 

From my research, there is a requirement to specify which column contains the information, can this be replaced by an argument?

I have attached the Excel Screenshot

Many thank for suggestions

Paul

EXCEL_Lookup.PNG

Comments

• Paul Charlebois
    edited 04/09/18
    Options

This is the Smartsheet WIP version

Formula is : =VLOOKUP([Actual revision]4, DATE4:[Insert Left Placeholder]4, DATE1:[Insert Left Placeholder]1)

Drawing version 2 - found in the same row, returning the Date value of top Row of the same column.

Maybe I am overthinking or need to rework the sheet itself.

Paul

SS_Lookup.PNG

• Well, I looked at my Smartsheet differently today and worked out a way to get things to work using INDEX and MATCH in the same formula on different ranges of cells. If anyone wants more information just ask.

Paul

• Denise Vance
    Options

HiPaul,

I am trying to do something simular, I want to be able to pick a date from a list. I am intrested on how you set this up using INDEX and MATCH.

Thanks,

Denise

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!