Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Combined Reports

Options
Doug Heinrich
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I have a combined report that is pulling information from 10 different smartsheets.  The columnar information is the same from each of the smartsheets.  I have it grouping by the smartsheet the information is coming from, but I would like the "title" of the smartsheet to show up at the beginning of the data from each sheet.

Thoughts on how this might be accomplished?

Comments

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1) At the top of the task column for each sheet, enter the name of the sheet.

2) Make sure to populate a column that would trigger the selection for the report.  You could even add a hidden column to accomplish this. And include that hidden column in ther report criteria.

That is what I do for report headers

Additionally, you can add a hyperlink to the cell that contains the name of the sheet in step one.  This provides the reader of the report a link back to the project sheet if desired.

I hope that helps,

Brett

• Doug Heinrich
    edited 10/02/15
    Options

That does help.  Thanks

I also found you can make the header a poarent task to all the other ones.  That always keeps it on top too.

• John Hammond
    Options

I may be misreading the question, but reports by default have a "sheet name" column. Is that what you are looking for?

• Doug Heinrich
    Options

I am looking for a "header" of sorts, only prints out above all the projects.

1. OFFICE A SCHEDULE
    2.        Project Number 1
    3.        Project Number 2
    4.        Project Number 3
    5.        etc...

not a separate "sheet name" on each line.

This discussion has been closed.