Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet Merge - numerous records to one page?

Options
Sam Murray
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi,

How do I merge a number of records to one sheet; i.e. each record does NOT start on a new page.  In Word I use the field {NEXT RECORD}.

Thanks

Comments

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not 100% sure what you mean but I often link tons of data (individual cells, a row of cells, arrays of cells, etc.) from many sheets into a single sheet for combining data. Smartsheet's linking ability is amazing.

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/07/15
    Options

Are you looking for mail merge? Smartsheet integrates with a couple apps that might be able to do this. MailChimp and Marketo 

• Sam Murray
    Options

Jim - I have one particular smartsheet spreadsheet that contains hundreds of records from which I would like to take some (not all) information from each record and merge to a form on google docs (using the smartsheet merge app). However, the smartsheet app insists on starting each new record on a new page and does not let me close the gap by amending the final merged document. Smartsheet have written back to me and have said:

"Thanks for reaching out to us at Smartsheet. We currently don’t have a way to merge all of the contents of a sheet onto a single Google doc when using our Smartsheet Merge functionality (each row in the sheet will be on a separate page) but I’ll add your vote for this to our enhancement request list for further consideration."

John - MailChimp/Marketo, I will give these a go and let you know. Thanks 

• Elise McMath
    Options

Anybody know if this functionality every got added?

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Elise, no this functionality has not been added but I will add your vote for it! 

• Jenn@Goodworks
    Options

Does anyone know if this has been added as an enhancement yet? This is something that would make a huge difference to our current functionality!!

This discussion has been closed.